Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ryders Eyewear- New Stuff

When you think of sunglasses for mountain biking the first name that comes to mind is Oakley.  In fact Oakley is the first name that comes to mind when you think about eyewear for any sport.  I have owned several pairs of Oakley glasses and they are good, but I have never felt that they lived up to the price tag.  For an average pair of Oakley glasses I could buy a new Shimano XT derailluer or even a dropper seat post.  To me this sucks, who wants to spend $180-$300 on sunglasses that could break in a crash, but you do need that eye protection so I buy what I think offers the best protection, Oakley!  Then I meet a man named Jimbeau and we spoke while I got his bikes ready to ship, he told me he worked for a little company called Ryders Eyewear and asked me to check out their products.  I told him I would and that I would review them on my site.  He brought me several pairs and now I will never go back.  Each pair of Ryders that I test are better than the pair before and they cost a fraction of what you will pay for Oakley's that are equivalent.

Soon I will have two new pairs up with reviews and have several other people testing with me so I will also have some guest reviews.  Up next are the HIJACK, and VTX both of which have an interchangeable lens system and retail for under $100.  Check them out at www.Ryderseyewear.com if you can't wait for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment